Tutor: Alan Irvine
These workshops are designed for those of all abilities, whether just starting out or wanting to enhance their developing skills.
You can either book one session or all three with a discount. Each session is stand alone and you will work mainly from a combination of models and photographs, this course will help the students to:
• Understand the construction of the face
• Understand how to look for and emphasis the unique characteristics of the face before them
• Bring out the personality of the sitter
• Achieve tonal and textural effects through various shading techniques
• Explore the medium of ink and markers
• Add drama and character to the face utilising light
• To look for and interpret the idiosyncratic elements that make the subject 'come alive'.
Date: Thursday 26th March / Thursday 23rd April / Thursday 7th May
Time: 10.30 to 3.30pm
Cost: £50 per session or £135 if you book all three sessions (includes all materials)
About the tutor:
Alan has been a professional artist, commercial illustrator, cartoonist and caricaturist for over 40 years, working for publishers, advertising and design agencies, children's' comics and animation studios, as well as undertaking hundreds of private commissions. His style covers all mediums and varies from hyper-realistic to loose wash and line.