Portraiture using Pen & Ink
This workshop is designed for those of all abilities, whether just starting out or wanting to enhance their developing skills, over several sessions and working from a combination of models and photographs, this course will help the students to:
• Understand the construction of the face
• Understand how to look for and emphasis the unique characteristics of the face before them
• Bring out the personality of the sitter
• Achieve tonal and textural effects through various shading techniques
• Explore the medium of ink and markers
• Add drama and character to the face utilising light
• To look for and interpret the idiosyncratic elements that make the subject 'come alive'.
Date: Thursday 6th February – 10.30 to 4pm
Cost: £55 (includes all materials)
About the tutor:
Alan has been a professional artist, commercial illustrator, cartoonist and caricaturist for over 40 years, working for publishers, advertising and design agencies, children's' comics and animation studios, as well as undertaking hundreds of private commissions. His style covers all mediums and varies from hyper-realistic to loose wash and line.
For more information and to book the course please contact us on
01986 897939 or email: TheArtTradingCo@btinternet.com